Tuesday, 26 July 2016

March/April Updates

March began with the release of the new Ducking Punches album. It's an album that I am incredibly proud of and to see it being released (on Vinyl and CD) on one of my favourite labels (Xtra Mile Recordings) is just a dream. They look amazing and the response so far has been very strong, it can be ordered at https://www.xtramilerecordings.com/Shop/DownloadDetails?rid=XMR_RE_196

We really wanted to tour this album from the off, so we took a couple of weeks out in March to go around the UK with our friend and brilliant singer-songwriter Chas Palmer-Williams. It was a joy to be on the road with him, he's witty and an incredible musician. The tour finished with a big home town show at the Norwich Arts Centre; we had inflatables, confettii cannons, ballons etc, it was a blast.
Ducking Punches @ N.A.C.
The UK leg was just the beginning as April saw us go out with the huge Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls for three weeks around Europe. The shows were a step up for us, bigger venues, bigger crowds, new countries, new venues; 12 countries from Italy to Serbia to Norway. I was so excited about this one and I can honestly say it was hands down the best tour I've been a part of. I loved every minute of it (minus missing the family of course) and it whizzed by quicker than I could've imagined. I just want to say a massive thank you to Frank Turner and all involved, you're all amazing. Check out a short tour diary below.