Thursday, 2 January 2014

January/February 2014 Updates!

Happy New Year
First update of 2014 and I would like to wish everyone a very happy and productive new year. 2013 was an especially busy and fruitful one and I am already excited with what this year will bring.

Teaching Syllabus Playalong Tracks
Over the X-mas and New Year period I managed to put some time aside to record the playalong tracks to accompany all of my tuition handout sheets. I wanted to create these as a practice tool for students to use in-between their lessons, by using these they can instantly access any exercise. All of these were recorded alonside a click track at what I call the 'minimum tempo target' on my Roland TD4 kit using the Zoom H4N, which is a great little portable recording device that I picked up last month. This has been of invaluable use for recording down all band practices, gigs, practice sessions, analyzing my playing and remembering back any new drum ideas

Ducking Punches - 'Dance Before You Sleep' Session
On the 20th January I went into Sick Room Studios in Norfolk for 10 days with my band Ducking Punches to record 9 songs for what will be our first full length album. The title will be 'Dance Before You Sleep' and will be the first recording featuring the new full band line-up. February saw us hitting the road around Europe with our good friends and awesome band River Jumpers in support of the album. To keep updated check out; www.facebook.com/duckingpunchesuk
 
For this session I used;
Tama Superstar (22"/12"/16")
DHC Maple Snare (14"x8")
Zildjian A & Z Customs
Remo Coated Emperors (Toms)
Remo Coated Ambassador (Snare)
Evans Emad (Kick)

Above: Ducking Punches in Amsterdam