Monday, 5 March 2012

January/February 2012 Update.

Ducking Punches - 'I Am Arturo Bandini' Recording Session

On the 1st February, I went into my home studio with Andrew Gunn for two days of recording drum tracks for the new Ducking Punches EP. Four tracks went down which had been written a couple of weeks previously and I'm really happy with how they came out. Ducking Punches is the acoustic folk-punk act from local dude Dan Allen, I played on his last EP a year or so ago, this time round however, we have got Rob Willer on Double Bass and Josie on Violin. Once again, I used my trusty Tama and Zildjian A's, but this was also the first time that I had my new DHC snare for recording, for this kinda genre, the deep woody sound fitted perfectly. 
It has just been confirmed that the awesome Lockjaw Records will be releasing this EP on coloured vinyl. For more information and to order (April time, fingers crossed) please go to http://www.lockjawrecords.co.uk/

 Other News
Elsewhere, the start of this year has been relativly quite, with my engagement and summer wedding planning taking up heaps of my free time, should be worth it though!
The Bad Ideas album got release mid-February and can be ordered from http://www.badideasmerch.bigcartel.com/  I've been teaching quite a lot this year and have been putting my own full sylabus together.
Anyone interested in lessons or any session work (live or studio) please email me at petewrightdrummer@hotmail.co.uk